StyleBee is like "Thumb app for fashion shoppaholics". Thanks to Stylebee, your friends can help you decide whether to buy or not to buy. Just follow three simple steps: 1. Take a photo, 2. Ask for opinions, 3. Make the right decision. Within minutes you'll get a recommendation! If the cut of those jeans flatter your figure, if the color of that shirt suits your complexion, or if you should ignore the hefty price tag of a handbag because it's just too good to pass up.
The app is free both for iPhone and Android phones, supports Retina screens.
StyleBee is in english and czech and ready to be translated quickly in other languages.
FACTS&FIGURES (from the test market)
- launched in November 2012, last big update April 2013
- 2500 accounts, 300 active users
- 4600 photos posted, pictures in Popular section have in average 50 votes
- 3/5 Android vs 2/5 iPhone
- 2.8 sessions/week median
- 36 % users are 18-24yo, 34% users 25-36yo
- 80-20 women vs men
THE ROCKET SCIENCE BEHIND
- StyleBee engine tracks user's votes and shows those photos which will fit more user's taste and style both in Popular and Review section.
- Usually StyleBee can offer at least 7 votes within 15 minutes after posting the photo.
- Engine pushes good photos to more people than bad pictures.
- App sends push notifications requesting voting in the time when user is probably actively using the app. This rapidly increases the chance of action rather than disturbing user at the wrong time.
- Segmentation: we track data about girls with the most friends, most app visits, most pictures, best rated content etc. We also know number of FB friends, FB shares and many other date useful for segmentation.
- StyleBee has simple content administration.
- App is running on the Google app engine where is available the "startup credit" of $1300.
THE REASON WHY WE ARE SELLING STYLEBEE
We have recently raised money for different project and naturally we need to narrow our focus. StyleBee is our child which performed pretty well in the test stage since November 2012 and we would love to see a buyer who will be able to push it further and grow the community.